Thank you for being part of our online community. To ensure the best possible experience for all users and create an environment that encourages fruitful dialogue, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these guidelines. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please contact the member services department.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members. All questions have value!
- Don't post commercial messages. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them. Community messages should not contain promotional material, special offers, product announcements or solicitation for products or services. AASHE reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Use caution when discussing companies and their products or services. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want others to see.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service to the AASHE community. AASHE is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AASHE or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AASHE be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AASHE and users of this site the non exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
AASHE does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of AASHE, we will take all appropriate action.
AASHE reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.